What we want to achieve
Our Strategic Plan:2019-23 is our roadmap. As a brief summary, our five areas of focus are:
Accessible local justice solutions for safer, connected City of Yarra community
- Develop new services and build community capacity
- Expand our hearing capacity and bring in new family violence services
- Expand our presence in Yarra through new partnerships and collaborations
A recognised and valued community justice model
- Advocate to courts and government to expand our model to other places that need one-stop-justice
- Develop as an International Mentor Community Court, and learn from and share practice with local, national and international community justice peers.
A connected and trusted partner
- Ensure government stakeholders understand our role and test reforms with us
- Establish structures to embed the community’s experiences into our services and programs
- Strengthen our service partnership model to meet evolving needs.
Unlocking justice innovation
- Build our profile as a recognised hub for evidence-based justice and innovation where other courts, government and community can solve problems connected to the social determinants of crime and the community’s confidence in the justice system
- Explore emerging technologies and approaches to increase access to justice, with sector leaders, including MCV
- Deepen our innovation culture, systems and capacity to encourage further innovation across the Centre.
A passionate, skilled and cohesive organisation
- Invest in the health and wellbeing of our people and continue to build diversity across our workforce
- Continue to attract people with the core skills, attitudes and knowledge
- Strengthen internal communication and knowledge-sharing systems to support learning, collaboration and innovation
- Continually review our operating and resource model so it remains sustainable, financially resilient and responsive.
These link(s) will open in a new browser window.
Neighbourhood Justice Centre
Date of Publication
You may need Adobe® Acrobat® Reader or Libre Office to view the document(s) on this page.
Get Adobe® Acrobat® Reader (External link)