This resource, “Understanding Community Justice”, has been created for Civics and Citizenship and VCE Legal Studies teachers and students.
These teaching materials consist of:
- classroom presentation materials (PowerPoints)
- a two-part interactive PDF guide
- a virtual tour
- factsheets and articles
Classroom Presentation Materials
There are three PowerPoints that unpack a different aspect of the NJC model. They are designed for classroom use by teachers. The PowerPoints can be used individually or together.
Teachers may like to go through the PowerPoints with students before watching the Virtual Tour and answering the questions in Part One. You can download the PowerPoints below.
- Welcome to the NJC Part One - Background and Design
- Welcome to the NJC Part Two - Court and Client Services
- Welcome to the NJC Part Three - Innovation and Community
Two-Part Interactive Guide & Virtual Tour
“Understanding Community Justice Part One” introduces the NJC and ideas for classroom discussion topics.
Curriculum links to Civics and Citizenship and VCE Legal Studies are included. Teachers are encouraged to work through this resource with their students.
It is designed to be used with the virtual tour.
“Understanding Community Justice Part Two” contains further recommended reading that will assist in answering questions in Part One. A brief description of each resource is included. Resources are ordered into sections that correspond with Part One. Links are provided to easily navigate to each resource.
Factsheets & Articles
These are the direct links for the factsheets and articles in “Understanding Community Justice Part Two”. They provide extra information about key NJC services and principles. These resources assist in answering the questions in Part One.
- 1.4 NJC Key Concepts Handout
- 3.1 Just Bites - a Cafe for a Court
- 4.1 MyCase- Improving the client journey through court
- 5.2 Registry and the NJC Court
- 5.3 What is Problem Solving
- 5.4 Theraputice jurisprudence in a nutshell
- 6.3 The NJC Court layout and glossary
- 8.1 NJC Client Services Matrix
- 10.2 Crime Prevention And Community Justice at the NJC
- 11.1 Strategic Lesson- Making People Welcome
Also included are animations and videos about the NJC. The NJC created these resources and they give an overview of the Centre’s key services and programs. They are designed to be used in conjunction with the VCE Resource Understanding Community Justice but can also be used on their own.
You can access interactive resources about the NJC through our YouTube channel
List of downloads: