Artwork: Lucy Lucy, Charles Street, Collingwood

Housing support for you and your family

Whether you're attending the Neighbourhood Justice Centre for court or not, we can help you through your housing issue.

Our housing services include:

24/7 emergency housing

We don't offer 24/7 support but here are two Yarra-based organisations that do:

Family violence housing assistance

Our specialist Family Violence (External link) services will assist you with your housing needs. 

Migrant and Refugee services

We help people new to Australia to settle in to local life. When it comes to housing, we can provide you with:

  • Information about how the housing market works 
  • Public housing assistance  
  • Assessment and referral to housing services

Help with paperwork

Our Forms & Advocacy (External link) Assist clinic can help you to complete your housing documents such as leases, bonds, and other important documents.

Wraparound support

At the NJC, you'll get the right help from the right service, and can talk to as many or as few services are you need.  

If you are attend court at the Centre, your duty lawyer will be your main point of contact with any services you may need.  You may also encounter our Neighbourhood Justice Officer, who is the link between the court, services, the client, and the community, and provides more intensive support interventions as well as referrals to other services.

Other people you may encounter  are the Salvation Army Officer and Court Network volunteers, all of whom provide support before, during and after court.

If you do not have a court matter, and you're a local Yarra resident, we can help you to find the right service for you.